A history school trip to Berlin with a focus on the Cold War will afford your students a far greater understanding of the history of a city in which so many of the 20th century’s key events were played out!
Walk along a remaining section of the Berlin Wall or visit Checkpoint Charlie and the Stasi Museum. The award-winning DDR Museum offers a hands-on experience of history – including the crimes of the State Security, the border defences at the Berlin Wall and the lives of the people under a communist dictatorship. At the Hohenschönhausen Stasi Memorial, guided tours are conducted mostly by former inmates who relate the tour to their own experience in the remand prison, providing insight into a broad spectrum of political persecution in the GDR.
If you're not sure you'll have the numbers to run a school trip to Berlin, why not join forces with your school's German department to make this trip cross-curricular?
Flight to Berlin
Checkpoint Charlie and Stasi Museum
Guided tour conducted by inmate of Hohenschonhausen Stasi Prison
DDR Museum and TV Tower
Visit to the Story of Berlin and nuclear bomb shelter
Flight back to the UK
- 2 nights' half-board accommodation
- Airport tax and passenger duty at current rates
- ATOL protected return flights from the UK
- Comprehensive travel and medical insurance
- Detailed information pack
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- Itinerary planning service
- Vamoos travel app - giving you access to all your trip documents on your phone or tablet
- VAT at current rates to tour operators