We aim to make organising a school trip with us as easy as possible so, whether it’s your first time as a Group Leader, or you’re a seasoned pro, we can help you every step of the way.
We are always happy to help, so if you’d like some advice about suitable destinations or trips for your group, please feel free to call us - we'll happily plan from scratch with you!
If, on the other hand, you already have some ideas in mind, we can work with you to create a school trip that fulfils your expectations.
Call us: 0115 9404 303
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you’ve chosen your trip, we will give you a price quotation. You should then seek approval from your headteacher.
Once you have chosen your destination, you will need to check the availability of your desired dates with us by making a provisional booking.
This holds no obligation, it simply means that we will hold the space for your group for up to 30 days from the point of booking. This allows you time to advertise your trip and collect initial deposits.
Advertise your school trip to parents and students, making sure to clearly define the deposit deadline.
If you would like some resources to help you advertise, please visit our promotional materials page where you can download a sample letter to parents, destination posters and a PowerPoint presentation.
You can now begin collecting deposits.
At this point, if the passenger numbers are significantly lower or higher than expected, please let us know straight away.
Otherwise, once you have collected your deposits (as stated on your initial quote), please just forward them to us, together with a completed booking form.
You'll then receive an acknowledgement pack from us, containing your invoice and insurance documents.
You will be put in contact with your itinerary planner at Halsbury who, in consultation with you, will finalise the details of your trip.
You'll then receive our Group Leader pack, detailing all the useful information relating to your trip.
Finally, off you go!
- [Foreign Travel Advice](https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
- [Information on health requirements/vaccinations](https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/countries)
- [Information on EHIC/GHIC](https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/apply-for-a-free-uk-global-health-insurance-card-ghic/)
- [Information on passports](https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office)
- [Information on group passports](https://www.gov.uk/collective-group-passports)
- [Information on health and safety on your school trip](https://www.halsbury.com/school-travel-blog/health-and-safety)