School art trip to Manchester
A school art trip to Manchester will give your art students the chance to be inspired by one of the UK’s must-visit art destinations.
Manchester is an exciting city with art and culture around every corner. School art groups visiting Manchester will be inspired by the architecture, the city’s industrial heritage, and the incredible, thriving art scene.
School art groups will be able to explore attractions such as the Lowry, Manchester Art Gallery and the Whitworth Gallery, where they’ll see some incredible examples of fine art and contemporary art.
Suggested Itinerary (2 days, 1 night)
Depart school and travel to Manchester.
Group to visit the Lowry followed by time for lunch in Manchester city centre
Visit to Manchester art gallery
Check in to accommodation
Evening meal at accommodation
Breakfast at accommodation
Visit to the Whitworth Gallery
Enjoy a street art walking tour of Manchester
Return to school
- 1 night's half-board accommodation
- 49-seater executive coach
- Access to the Vamoos app to download all tour-related travel documents
- Detailed information pack
- Free staff place ratio 1:8
- Itinerary planning service
- VAT at current rate to tour operators
- Impact and influences of various artists
- Continuity and change in different genres and styles
- Independent judgements of art
- Conveying meaning through images and artefacts
- Social and cultural context of images and artefacts
- Personal portfolio: reflections, resources and influences
- Responses to museum, gallery and site visits
- Personal reflections on art
- Works of key artists, craftspeople and designers
- Contemporary and historical contexts of art
Key Stage 3
- Evaluation and analysis of creative works
- Works of great artists, craft makers and designers
- Effects of historical and cultural contexts
Educational activities and visits
Manchester Art Gallery
Showcasing internationally renowned collections of fine art, decorative art and costume. Manchester Art Gallery is best known for its important… Read More
Street Art Walking Tour
The Street Art walking tour is described not only as an alternative tour of Manchester, but as an ‘anti-tour’. The… Read More
The Lowry is the home to the world’s largest public collection of paintings and drawings by LS Lowry. The artist… Read More
The Whitworth Gallery
The Whitworth is an art gallery with an internationally important collection of 60,000 artworks. The collection ranges from historic fine… Read More
Purpose built in 1995 this delightful youth hostel is perfect for school groups visiting Manchester and the surrounding area. The hostel has bedrooms for 2, 4 and 5 people, each room equipped with ensuite shower and toilet. Facilities at the hostel include:Classroom, TV lounge, Cafe, Games room, Shop, Laundry, Wifi and a lounge.
Supporting you every step of the way
1 Creating Your Perfect Trip
We'll tailor make your school trip to meet your specific requirements
2 Launching your trip to parents and students
Head to our resources section for FREE promotional materials
3 After you've booked
Your dedicated Itinerary Coordinator will work with you on the finer details of your trip
4 While you're away
You'll be able to reach us 24/7 during your trip if you need our help
5 After your trip
Head back to our resources section to continue the learning
Gail Biggins — Tour Adviser
Don’t hesitate to contact me for any advice or further information on how your school trip can be tailored to your requirements.
Another successful trip which was excellently organised and enjoyed by all the pupils. Many thanks.— Y Pant Comprehensive School
Your School Trip is Fully Protected
As a fully-accredited school travel company, booking with Halsbury Travel offers you complete peace of mind. Our accreditations are your guarantee that:
- Your school trip will be fully financially protected
- Your group’s safety will be prioritised
- Your trip will be a quality educational experience
As an Assured Member of the School Travel Forum (STF) we have an effective Safety Management System in place.
As well as reassuring you that your group's safety will be prioritised at all times, this will also help you to meet your due diligence and reduces the amount of External Provider paperwork required.
Our ABTA bond means all our school trips are financially protected. Plus, all air tours and flights arranged by us are also ATOL protected.
Quality educational experiences
The Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) Quality Badge is your reassurance that Halsbury Travel is committed to offering LOtC activities that are safe and beneficial to learning.