Occupied twice by German troops in the 20th century, this history school trip to Dunkirk brings into focus the themes of Hitler’s foreign policy, the origins of WW2, Britain at war and the development of warfare!
Visiting this area allows students to explore life during the Second World War, from invasion to liberation. You’ll also explore the links between science and war.
You’ll also be able to expand on the theme of the German occupation from 1940 to 1945 in the Nord-Pas de Calais, one of the hardest hit regions during the ‘dark years’.
Travel to Dunkirk
Meet guide for Dynamo tour - Evacuation beaches, the port, British Memorial and cemetery, Zydcoote Maritime Hospital, shipwrecks of Dunkirk
Battle of Dunkirk Museum
Blockhouse Bunker V2 launcher
La Coupole - Museum of Science and War
Return travel to UK
Arrive back at school
- 2 nights' half-board accommodation
- Comprehensive travel and medical insurance
- Detailed information pack
- Free staff place ratio 1:8
- Itinerary planning service
- Motorway tolls and taxes
- Return Channel crossings
- Return executive coach travel
- Vamoos travel app - giving you access to all your trip documents on your phone or tablet
- VAT at current rates to tour operators