Please use the following links to access your resource.Safety Management System
Your group's health and safety is our number one priority. Here's how we ensure your group stays safe.
We regard safety as paramount and it must take precedence over all other objectives.
All full members of the STF adhere to a rigorous Code of Practice and Safety Management Standards which are externally verified each year by Argent, the UK’s leading Health and Safety Consultancy specialising in travel.
General Safety Information
We are committed to:
- Facilitating and promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Assessing the risks associated with activities and maintaining appropriate control measures
- Providing safe transport and accommodation
- Providing adequate financial and human resources to implement health & safety policy
- Ensuring all staff are able to apply the Safety Management System
- Maintaining effective communications with clients
- Regularly reviewing and updating the Safety Management System as appropriate The application of the Safety Management System and the monitoring and improvement of safety standards is the responsibility of all Halsbury Travel staff who are committed to consistently meeting the objectives of this policy.
Safety Management of Accommodation
- Complies with local legislation with respect to fire and general safety
- Is contracted by trained Halsbury Travel staff or reputable agents
- Receives a Standard Audit and risk assessment prior to use by Halsbury Travel
- Receives a Supplementary Audit if it is used on five or more occasions in a year Furthermore, our selection process for homestays with host families is very thorough. We take measures to ensure that students are easily contactable and we will always have a process and means in place to move pupils away from unsuitable accommodation if necessary.
Safety Management of Transport
British coach travel is regulated by the Department for Transport and an Operator licence is only granted if a national or international operation satisfies the requirement of professional competence.
Vehicles must also be properly maintained.
We select only reputable British coach companies and all coach suppliers are subject to a Standard Coach Audit.
All foreign coaches used by us must conform to all local, national and international standards.
Ferries and Eurotunnel
All ferries and the Eurotunnel are nationally regulated, but we also hold regular meetings with each of the companies we use, where on-board safety and security is discussed.
The Civil Aviation Authority regulates all transport from the UK, operating to very strict safety criteria.
All the flight-inclusive holidays on our website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme.
When you pay you will be provided with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it.
Please see our Safety Management System for further information.
Looking for information on risk assessments?
Please see our useful guide to risk assessments.