To help us work out exactly what we needed to do as your tour operator to help you to book and travel in confidence, we reached out to you, our customers.
You told us that to book with confidence, you needed greater flexibility to cancel or postpone your trip. And you also told us that to travel with confidence, you needed to know your group’s health and safety would be prioritised.
Our Covid guarantee addresses both these concerns.
Book With Confidence
We’ve worked with our suppliers to make our terms and conditions more flexible, so it’s now easier for you to cancel or postpone your trip should the situation change.
Secure your trip with a reduced deposit
To secure your trip, all you need to do is pay a reduced deposit:
- Coach tours £50 per person
- Air tours £100 per person*
Postpone to a later date
Postpone your tour to a later date if restrictions or advice changes**.
Receive a full refund
Receive a 100% refund if you need to cancel your trip due to restrictions within 30 days of departure.**
We can now offer group travel insurance that covers individuals needing to drop out of the trip in the following circumstances:
- Because a Qualified Medical Practitioner has diagnosed them as positive for Covid-19 within up to 14 days of departure
- Because they have been hospitalised due to Covid-19 within up to 28 days of departure
- Because they have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace for a period of time that prevents them from taking part in the trip
The insurance also covers the additional costs of accommodation and flights should an individual contract Covid-19 and have to self-isolate while abroad. If the individual is under 18, the policy also covers the additional costs to account for a family member to come across or a group leader/teacher to stay with the individual.
Please contact us for details.
* Please note that air tours may require a higher deposit, dependent on the airline's requirements.
**Terms and conditions apply. Please see below for details.
Terms and conditions
- 100% refund for cancellations made within 30 days of departure applies in the following circumstances:
- FCDO advise against travel to your destination, or a country you have to travel through to reach your destination
- DfE advises against overnight residentials/overseas school trips to your destination
- The country you are visiting, or a country you need to travel through to reach your destination, is on the red travel list (Please visit the government website for the latest information on the red travel list)
- Quarantine is required for passengers who cannot be fully vaccinated upon returning from the country you are visiting, or a country you need to travel through on your return journey
- Quarantine is required for passengers who cannot be fully vaccinated upon arriving in your destination
- Local or national lockdown restrictions preventing your groups’ departure
- Local restrictions in the destination impacting the primary purpose of your tour, e.g. if a Christmas market is cancelled due to local restrictions and the primary purpose of your trip was to visit this market
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to departure will be subject to our normal terms and conditions
- 100% refund only applies when the deposit payment schedule has been adhered to
- 100% refund only applies to group cancellation, standard terms and conditions apply to individual passengers dropping out
- Our insurance providers can now offer cover for individuals having to drop out due to testing positive for Covid-19 or being told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace within 14 days of departure. For further details, please speak to your Tour Adviser.
- Please note that air tours may require a higher deposit, dependent on the airline's requirements
- If you opt to postpone, we will keep the pricing the same where possible
- Where there are additional costs incurred, such as booking new flights, we will discuss this with you before amending your booking
- Only applies to bookings made between 01/01/2021- 22/10/2021
- Applies to all new bookings due to travel from 17th May 2021 onwards
Got any questions?
Travel With Confidence
We’ve formed a dedicated Health & Safety Committee, led by our Head of Health & Safety, Silvia Vintem.
This committee has been working closely with hotels, visits, restaurants and other suppliers to ensure that every precaution is taken to ensure that your group is safe while away on a school trip with Halsbury.
What are our suppliers doing?
Hotels and Accommodation Providers
The School Travel Forum (STF) have provided new measures/guidance for accommodation providers to follow with a focus on infection surveillance.
As you may already be aware, we are an Assured Member of the STF. So, we have required all of our accommodation providers to complete a checklist set out by the STF to ensure that all these measures are in place and being adhered to.
Our accommodation centres will provide information relating to any procedures they have put in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19, which could include:
- Social distancing
- Meticulous personal hygiene
- Effective and regular sanitising of hand touch points
- Contactless payments
- Guest accommodation cleaned with chemicals proven to be effective against Covid-19 and rooms disinfected and sealed after cleaning and before next use
- Use of face masks within public areas, use of disposable gloves
- Temperature checks
Our coach suppliers are following new cleaning protocols and establishing new guidelines to minimise risk such as loading and unloading procedures.
What are we doing?
We’ll ensure your itinerary is adapted if any new regulations affect visit and activity providers, such as; maximum group sizes, social distancing measures and wearing of face coverings etc.
We’re working with restaurants to ensure that local Covid-19 health & safety procedures and guidelines are being followed and mealtimes are adjusted to quieter times of day.
We’ll provide you with up-to-date information on Covid-19 regulations in the country/destination prior to departure.
You can also find up-to-date information on the rules within EU destinations and travel to them (including transit through countries) on the Re-open EU website.
And we would also recommend that you check the FCDO website for up-to-date information regarding travel to and from the UK.
If you have any questions about our Covid guarantee or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us, as we’ll be very pleased to help.