As a rapidly expanding company, we often have a variety of new and exciting job opportunities.
We are always on the look out for enthusiastic and experienced staff, whether it's a Group Leader for one of our tours or a full time member of staff.
Why work for us?
- We are committed to supporting and developing our staff through in-house training, encouraging them to achieve new qualifications by attending external conferences, workshops and training days that will improve their knowledge, skills and understanding of what they do.
Itinerary Coordinator for Halsbury Ski
The Halsbury Group is the fastest growing school group tour operator in the UK. Led by the same family that established the brand over 30 years ago, the company boasts a diverse product portfolio.
With a turnover of £15m and a 20% year-on-year compound growth, now is your opportunity to join the team!
You will be a fundamental part of the Halsbury Ski Operations team. The main features of the role will be as follows:
- To liaise with group leaders via email or phone calls, arranging itineraries and answering queries
- To contact the group leaders to collect all necessary information concerning their group
- To research new ski resorts, make contact with suppliers and find activities suitable for groups
- To make all of the reservations in resorts and request payments
- To liaise with all the staff involved in the Ski department
- To train Ski representatives in advance of ski trips
- To be the main point of contact during office hours and occasionally out of office hours (i.e. when groups are in resort)
- You must be fluent in German
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organised and attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as individually
- Ability to prioritise work and to multi-task
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and a passion for ski
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to Lorna Machin, HR & Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Leaders are required to ensure the smooth running of the trip and represent Halsbury Travel Ltd. You will be responsible for liaising between the group and suppliers (hotels etc). You will have additional responsibilities depending on the type of trip you are accompanying and these will be explained before you travel.
For this position you must be at least 21 years of age, have fluent (native standard) French, German, Spanish and/or Italian. Group Leaders should be bright, bubbly, positive, have an outgoing personality and plenty of resourcefulness. Previous experience in accompanying groups abroad is a plus but not essential, as full training will be provided.
In return for being a Group Leader you will receive an allowance payment starting from £100 (dependent on type and length of trip), half board accommodation, full medical and travel insurance, return transportation and social activities.
Ski Reps help liaise between the school and our partner-suppliers. Your main role is to assist the group and to ensure they have an enjoyable trip so you will have to be available to deal with the needs of the group as required. You will also be required to book après-ski activities for the group when they are not skiing.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have fluent English as well as Italian, French, or German. Ski Reps should be bright, bubbly, positive, have an outgoing personality and plenty of resourcefulness. Previous experience in accompanying groups of young people is a plus but not essential, as full training will be provided.
In return for being a Ski Rep you will receive an allowance payment of £200 for the week, ski lift pass and ski equipment; full board accommodation, full medical and travel insurance and return transportation
Ski and Snowboard Instructors
Ski and snowboard instructors will normally be required to teach groups of 8 to 12 adults or children for between 4 and 6 hours daily over a 6-day week.
You will be working in Austria or Switzerland, so the ability to speak German is an advantage, but not a requirement. You will have a minimum BASI Level 2 or equivalent instructor diploma. Previous experience of teaching groups of adults or young people is a distinct advantage. You will also have outstanding interpersonal skills, patience and a good sense of humour.
You will receive an allowance from £250 per week, ski lift pass and ski equipment. You will also be provided with full-board accommodation, full medical and travel insurance and return transportation. All instructors will have the opportunity to ski once they are off duty or in their free time.
You will be based in the Work Experience department and be contacting companies in France, Germany, Spain, or Italy to help organise work experience placements for British students. A lively personality and a good telephone manner are essential for this position. You will be working in our Head Office in Colwick, just outside Nottingham city centre, on a part-time basis on days and times to fit in with your timetable.
For this position you must be native French, German, Spanish, or Italian speakers. You should be organised and able to meet deadlines. Full training will be provided and you must be willing to work a minimum of 12 hours per week as required. Hours are flexible.
Telesales earn £6.90 per hour plus a motivating bonus scheme.
Why work for Halsbury Travel?
Working for Halsbury Travel allows you to:
- Earn money
- Improve your English, French, German, Spanish and/or Italian (non-native speakers)
- Gain valuable work experience for your CV
- Learn/improve skills e.g. leadership
- Make new friends
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com for an application form.
We are proud to annouce that Halsbury Travel Ltd were finalists in the East Midlands Apprenticeship Awards 2008.
Halsbury Travel were nominated for the title of 'Employer of the Year' and attended a glitzy Award Ceremony which was held at the East Midlands Conference Centre on the 20th May 2008.
The Award was designed to acknowledge and celebrate employers commitment to developing their workforce through Apprenticeships.